The EPO announced the winners of the annual Award on 7 June. They come come from seven countries (France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Switzerland, Russia and the US) and include for women.
The European Inventor Award honours individuals and teams who with their inventions have helped to advance technology, further social and economic development, and generate employment.
The winners are divided into the following categories:
- Industry: “Auto-regenerating” tyre tread,
- Research: Faster, real-time MRI,
- Non-EPO countries: Batteries to reset the heart,
- SMEs: Sugru – multi-purpose mouldable glue,
- Popular prize: EUV lithography for smaller, more powerful microchips, and
- Lifetime achievement: Ultrafast pulsed lasers.
Find all the information about the outstanding winners and their inventions on EPO’s website, here.
Source: IPR Helpdesk News
European Inventor Award 2018 winners announced